Category Archives: Blogging
Hello everyone! This week I’m happy to bring you an author I’ve seen throughout social media but didn’t know. I love meeting new people so, when I asked her to pick three or four questions from my huge list HERE, she jumped right in! We all aspire to be successful authors and the best way to learn some of the tricks of the trade is to ask questions.
First, please welcome my guest, Marie Lavender.
Marie Lavender lives in the Midwest with her family and three cats. She has been writing for a little over twenty-five years. She has more works in progress than she can count on two hands. Since 2010, Marie has published 24 books in the genres of historical romance, contemporary romance, romantic suspense, paranormal romance, dramatic fiction, fantasy, science fiction, mystery/thriller, literary fiction and poetry. She has also contributed to several anthologies.
Her current published…
View original post 1,265 more words
Posted in Authors, Blogging, Books, Contemporary Romance, Event, Fiction, Historical Romance, Interview, News, Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy, Readers, Romance, Romance Novels, Updates, Writing, Writing Tips
Tags: author interview, Blood At First Sight Series, Blood Instincts, book, Books, Historical Romance, interview, Marie Lavender, news, paranormal romance, romance books, romantic drama, Writing, writing process, writing tips
FREE BOOK TODAY!
Hi, readers! I wanted to hop in here and announce that you can win a free copy of one of my books from the Blood at First Sight Series…
Just go to The Romance Reviews’ Year End Splash party and answer the simple, multiple choice Q&A to enter for your chance to receive an ebook copy of Blood Instincts! Yay!
Here is the event link: https://www.theromancereviews.com/event.php
The Blood Instincts giveaway is on question number 7. I don’t know if they randomize it for every site visitor, so I’m not sure if you’ll have to go hunting for it. You will need to have a free account to enter any of the giveaways on the page, but the coolest thing about this is that there are so many chances to win here!
That’s right! TRR is running this awesome event for the whole month, just with different authors donating their…
View original post 16 more words
I talk about my reading preferences on the I Love Romance Blog…
Here’s a fun post for all. This is a Book Lovers Tag challenge. I came across this great tag over at D.G. Kaye Writer’s blog, where she invited anyone to join in. I thought it would be exciting to jump into the challenge, as besides being an author, I love reading romance novels (hence the blog’s namesake)! So, why not?
Do you have a specific place for reading?
Mostly, I read in bed, but now and then I cart one of my books to the living room or dining room and set up shop. And if I’m feeling really adventurous (this helps if we have pleasant weather, which is never a guarantee in Indiana), then I’ll sit outside on the patio and read to my heart’s content. 😉 Now and then, I actually read on the Kindle app on my tablet, but I’m more of a paperback/hardback kind of girl. The…
View original post 591 more words
A FUN BLOG HOP
I’d like to thank the awesome Juneta Key at the Writer’s Gambit blog, for this nomination! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Juneta! ♥ I do have a few mystery books out and some in progress, so I’ll play. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Juneta – such a talented lady – twice, for two books in my historical series. Here is her blog nomination. You should really check out her great blog!
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (ABOVE)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Ronel-ABOVE)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (ABOVE under LOGO)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
Wait, I have to limit it to three?! All right, I guess I’ll try.
- I am a Libra. Contrary to popular belief about that sign, I’m neither lazy nor indecisive. The toughest issue I have with being a Libra is always seeing both sides to a problem, and only that can make me somewhat cautious about the decision. For example, deciding on a restaurant is the absolute worst for a Libra, unless I know exactly what sounds good that day. LOL.
- I am a shopaholic, especially a bargain shopper. I am crazy about online shopping, but I don’t mind going out now and then to find something either. Credit cards are my weakness, so I have to be good as much as possible. Which is hard, because I’m one of those people who loves to buy for family and friends.
- As a writer, my go-to writing subscriptions are Live Write Thrive, Indies Unlimited and A Writer’s Path. But damnit, there’s just never enough time in the day to read everything. 😉
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5, while others say 20).
Well…okay. I’ll nominate:
- C.L. Bush (she has a great historical mystery series)
- Ashley Fontainne
- D.J. Swykert
- Margo Bond Collins
- Christopher Davis
- Rachael Stapleton (time travel mystery)
- Anyone that would like to join us, consider yourself nominated.
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Done.)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
1. Who is your favorite author and which book is your favorite?
2. If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. If you could meet anyone in real life (alive, dead or even a fictional character), who would you invite to hang with on a day out in the city?
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? And what would your superhero or supervillain name be? Get creative!
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
ANSWERING JUNETA’S 5 QUESTIONS:
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be? I’d choose to be a little more patient with myself. Putting the pressure on constantly has only harmed me in the long run.
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be? I think I’d prefer that we have less hate in the world. People are always talking about other haters, and it’s hard not to see the “hate” which is descending our world into chaos. Hate comes in all forms, and sometimes it even arrives in sheep’s clothing. However, true hate starts at home. So fix yourself first; evaluate and erase the hate in your own life. Be a more honest, kinder person, and then you can worry about trying to help others do the same.
- Describe your “true self” in three words. A little nutty, creative and open-minded.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be? I think maybe I’d choose Luke Skywalker. Sure, he had a long, hard journey, but he usually did the right thing for everyone, including himself. And seriously?!…damn those Ewoks for being so cute! I just want to adopt one and let him baby my cats.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Nah, I probably wouldn’t. I think it would ruin the surprise! 😉
Thanks again, Juneta, for the nomination! Everyone else, feel free to jump into this cool blog hop! 🙂