Mystery Blogger Award Nomination!
Posted by Marie Lavender
A FUN BLOG HOP
I’d like to thank the awesome Juneta Key at the Writer’s Gambit blog, for this nomination! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Juneta! ♥ I do have a few mystery books out and some in progress, so I’ll play. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Juneta – such a talented lady – twice, for two books in my historical series. Here is her blog nomination. You should really check out her great blog!
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (ABOVE)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Ronel-ABOVE)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (ABOVE under LOGO)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
Wait, I have to limit it to three?! All right, I guess I’ll try.
- I am a Libra. Contrary to popular belief about that sign, I’m neither lazy nor indecisive. The toughest issue I have with being a Libra is always seeing both sides to a problem, and only that can make me somewhat cautious about the decision. For example, deciding on a restaurant is the absolute worst for a Libra, unless I know exactly what sounds good that day. LOL.
- I am a shopaholic, especially a bargain shopper. I am crazy about online shopping, but I don’t mind going out now and then to find something either. Credit cards are my weakness, so I have to be good as much as possible. Which is hard, because I’m one of those people who loves to buy for family and friends.
- As a writer, my go-to writing subscriptions are Live Write Thrive, Indies Unlimited and A Writer’s Path. But damnit, there’s just never enough time in the day to read everything. 😉
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5, while others say 20).
Well…okay. I’ll nominate:
- C.L. Bush (she has a great historical mystery series)
- Ashley Fontainne
- D.J. Swykert
- Margo Bond Collins
- Christopher Davis
- Rachael Stapleton (time travel mystery)
- Anyone that would like to join us, consider yourself nominated.
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Done.)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
1. Who is your favorite author and which book is your favorite?
2. If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. If you could meet anyone in real life (alive, dead or even a fictional character), who would you invite to hang with on a day out in the city?
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? And what would your superhero or supervillain name be? Get creative!
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
ANSWERING JUNETA’S 5 QUESTIONS:
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be? I’d choose to be a little more patient with myself. Putting the pressure on constantly has only harmed me in the long run.
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be? I think I’d prefer that we have less hate in the world. People are always talking about other haters, and it’s hard not to see the “hate” which is descending our world into chaos. Hate comes in all forms, and sometimes it even arrives in sheep’s clothing. However, true hate starts at home. So fix yourself first; evaluate and erase the hate in your own life. Be a more honest, kinder person, and then you can worry about trying to help others do the same.
- Describe your “true self” in three words. A little nutty, creative and open-minded.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be? I think maybe I’d choose Luke Skywalker. Sure, he had a long, hard journey, but he usually did the right thing for everyone, including himself. And seriously?!…damn those Ewoks for being so cute! I just want to adopt one and let him baby my cats.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Nah, I probably wouldn’t. I think it would ruin the surprise! 😉
Thanks again, Juneta, for the nomination! Everyone else, feel free to jump into this cool blog hop! 🙂
About Marie LavenderBestselling multi-genre author of UPON YOUR RETURN and 21 other books. March 2016 Empress of the Universe title - winner of the "Broken Heart" themed contest and the "I Love You" themed contest on Poetry Universe. SECOND CHANCE HEART and A LITTLE MAGICK placed in the TOP 10 on the 2015 P&E Readers' Poll. Nominated in the TRR Readers' Choice Awards for Winter 2015. Poetry winner of the 2015 PnPAuthors Contest. The Versatile Blogger Award for 2015. Honorable Mention in the 2014 BTS Red Carpet Book Awards. Finalist and Runner-up in the 2014 MARSocial's Author of the Year Competition. Honorable mention in the January 2014 Reader's Choice Award. Liebster Blogger Award for 2013 and 2014. Top 10 Authors on AuthorsDB.com. Winner of the Great One Liners Contest on the Directory of Published Authors. Marie Lavender lives in the Midwest with her family and three cats. She has been writing for over twenty years. She has more works in progress than she can count on two hands. Since 2010, Marie has published 22 books in the genres of historical romance, contemporary romance, romantic suspense, paranormal romance, dramatic fiction, fantasy, science fiction, mystery/thriller, literary fiction and poetry. She has also contributed to several anthologies. Her current published series are The Heiresses in Love Series, The Magick Series, The Code of Endhivar Series and The Blood at First Sight Series.For more updates about her writing and books, you can visit her website at https://marielavender.com/ or follow her other blogs at http://iloveromanceblog.wordpress.com/ and http://marielavenderbooks.blogspot.com/ She also runs a guest author blog at http://marielavender.blogspot.com/ Don't forget to sign up for her email newsletter! http://bit.ly/1g3wO13
Posted on May 22, 2017, in Authors, Blogging, Books, Event, Interview, mystery, News, Readers, Writing and tagged Authors, blog hop, blog post, bloggers, Blogging, blogs, Books, discussion, event, Fiction, interview, Juneta Key, Marie Lavender, mystery, Mystery Blogger Award, nomination, questionnaire, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. 13 Comments.