Category Archives: mystery
Posted by Marie Lavender
The publish button wasn’t working on my other blog, so I had to move the post here… 😥
Writing in the Modern Age 2019 Year in Review:
Big Reflections – Past and Present
Hi, everyone! A year I imagined would crawl right by, in fact, did
not. Instead it flew so fast, I suffered vertigo several times. 😉
Tomorrow we’ll adjust our calendars to reflect that life has
changed in a blink, welcoming 2020. For this year’s annual review
post, I’d like to commemorate the evolution of Writing in the
Modern Age. Six years ago, I opened the blog to guest authors and
it’s been a wild ride ever since. WritModAge grew from the initial
seed of a place to help other writers at any stage of their careers, all
the way to not just that, but also a site where readers can
comfortably discover their new, favorite authors! Through author and
character interviews, book and writing service interviews, guest
articles, book spotlights and mega giveaways, it has become a unique
resource for writers and readers alike.
So…give a warm round of applause to all 350 content writers and
authors who visited us via various events from 2013 to 2019.
However, there were 104 guest writers this year alone. That’s
Posted in Authors, Blogging, Books, Character Interview, Children's Books, Contemporary Romance, Event, Fantasy, Fiction, Interview, literature, mystery, News, non-fiction, non-romance books, Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy, Readers, Romance Novels, Romantic Suspense, Sci-Fi Romance, science fiction, short stories, thriller, Updates, Writing
Tags: 2019, annual review, Authors, blog, Books, Fiction, genres, guest writers, Happy New Year, Marie Lavender, message, multi-author, New Year, nonfiction, novellas, novels, readers, recognition, Writing in the Modern Age, WritModAge, year at a glance
Posted by Marie Lavender
A FUN BLOG HOP
I’d like to thank the awesome Juneta Key at the Writer’s Gambit blog, for this nomination! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Juneta! ♥ I do have a few mystery books out and some in progress, so I’ll play. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Juneta – such a talented lady – twice, for two books in my historical series. Here is her blog nomination. You should really check out her great blog!
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (ABOVE)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Ronel-ABOVE)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (ABOVE under LOGO)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
Wait, I have to limit it to three?! All right, I guess I’ll try.
- I am a Libra. Contrary to popular belief about that sign, I’m neither lazy nor indecisive. The toughest issue I have with being a Libra is always seeing both sides to a problem, and only that can make me somewhat cautious about the decision. For example, deciding on a restaurant is the absolute worst for a Libra, unless I know exactly what sounds good that day. LOL.
- I am a shopaholic, especially a bargain shopper. I am crazy about online shopping, but I don’t mind going out now and then to find something either. Credit cards are my weakness, so I have to be good as much as possible. Which is hard, because I’m one of those people who loves to buy for family and friends.
- As a writer, my go-to writing subscriptions are Live Write Thrive, Indies Unlimited and A Writer’s Path. But damnit, there’s just never enough time in the day to read everything. 😉
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5, while others say 20).
Well…okay. I’ll nominate:
- C.L. Bush (she has a great historical mystery series)
- Ashley Fontainne
- D.J. Swykert
- Margo Bond Collins
- Christopher Davis
- Rachael Stapleton (time travel mystery)
- Anyone that would like to join us, consider yourself nominated.
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Done.)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
1. Who is your favorite author and which book is your favorite?
2. If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. If you could meet anyone in real life (alive, dead or even a fictional character), who would you invite to hang with on a day out in the city?
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? And what would your superhero or supervillain name be? Get creative!
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
ANSWERING JUNETA’S 5 QUESTIONS:
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be? I’d choose to be a little more patient with myself. Putting the pressure on constantly has only harmed me in the long run.
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be? I think I’d prefer that we have less hate in the world. People are always talking about other haters, and it’s hard not to see the “hate” which is descending our world into chaos. Hate comes in all forms, and sometimes it even arrives in sheep’s clothing. However, true hate starts at home. So fix yourself first; evaluate and erase the hate in your own life. Be a more honest, kinder person, and then you can worry about trying to help others do the same.
- Describe your “true self” in three words. A little nutty, creative and open-minded.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be? I think maybe I’d choose Luke Skywalker. Sure, he had a long, hard journey, but he usually did the right thing for everyone, including himself. And seriously?!…damn those Ewoks for being so cute! I just want to adopt one and let him baby my cats.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Nah, I probably wouldn’t. I think it would ruin the surprise! 😉
Thanks again, Juneta, for the nomination! Everyone else, feel free to jump into this cool blog hop! 🙂