Vote for UYL and DoH here!
Hi, readers! I just wanted to stop in and announce that two of my books were entered in the big cover contest on Authors Database. Yay! When you get a chance, you can check it out and vote for the one you like.
Upon Your Love, book three of the Heiresses in Love Series, which is also a historical romance/family saga novel, is in there. As you can tell, Adrienne’s eyes were fixed recently, to honor their unique violet hue.
This is the voting page for UYL:
Additionally, the cover for Directions of the Heart, a modern romantic drama collection, was nominated for the contest. Woo hoo! 🙂 Many thanks to Sherry Soule at SwoonWorthy Book Covers for her awesome work on the romance cover! ♥
Here’s the voting page for that book:
Also, check out my author page over at AuthorsDB here.
View original post 45 more words
Tags: Authors, Authors Database, award, book cover, book covers, Books, Contemporary, contemporary romance, contest, contests, covers, Directions of the Heart, drama, dramatic fiction, event, Fiction, Heiresses in Love Series, Historical Romance, maritime, readers, Romance, romantic drama, saga, Upon Your Love, Victorian, voting
A new book released yesterday! Check it out! 🙂
I am pleased to announce a great book release by well, yours truly! My modern romantic drama collection, Directions of the Heart, officially released this week!
When a new book comes out, it’s always an exciting time for an author!
I am thrilled to show Directions of the Heart to readers today. ♥
This is the blurb for Directions of the Heart:
Embark on a remarkable journey of drama, romance, and passion…
In all of these amazing stories, there’s one burning question…is love worth the risk?
Reece and Jenna are two childhood friends separated by time and distance. Can they find a way to heal their bond, or perhaps forge a new one?
Spurred by her friend’s close call, Victoria decides to take a risk and prove the lifestyle she led was her downfall. But as Tory sinks deeper into the tumultuous…
View original post 673 more words
Tags: adult, author, Authors, book release, book spotlight, Books, Contemporary, contemporary romance, Directions of the Heart, drama, dramatic fiction, emotional, emotions, event, feature, Fiction, i love romance, Marie Lavender, modern, new adult, new adult romance, new book, new book release, new release, news, PTSD Awareness, readers, Romance, romance book, romance novels, romance readers, romantic drama, sensitive issues, stories, western, western romance, Writing
I talk about my reading preferences on the I Love Romance Blog…
Here’s a fun post for all. This is a Book Lovers Tag challenge. I came across this great tag over at D.G. Kaye Writer’s blog, where she invited anyone to join in. I thought it would be exciting to jump into the challenge, as besides being an author, I love reading romance novels (hence the blog’s namesake)! So, why not?
Do you have a specific place for reading?
Mostly, I read in bed, but now and then I cart one of my books to the living room or dining room and set up shop. And if I’m feeling really adventurous (this helps if we have pleasant weather, which is never a guarantee in Indiana), then I’ll sit outside on the patio and read to my heart’s content. 😉 Now and then, I actually read on the Kindle app on my tablet, but I’m more of a paperback/hardback kind of girl. The…
View original post 591 more words
So, I am bursting to give you this news! I just stumbled across this awesome five star review for Upon Your Love, a historical romance/family saga novel and book three of the Heiresses in Love Series.
This is what the reviewer said on Amazon:
“I always thought historical romances were boring, but I was wrong!!!, June 13, 2017
View original post 127 more words
Tags: Amazon, author news, book review, book reviews, event, family, Heiresses in Love Series, Historical, Historical Romance, Marie Lavender, maritime, news, review, reviewers, Reviews, saga, Upon Your Love, Victorian
A FUN BLOG HOP
I’d like to thank the awesome Juneta Key at the Writer’s Gambit blog, for this nomination! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Juneta! ♥ I do have a few mystery books out and some in progress, so I’ll play. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Juneta – such a talented lady – twice, for two books in my historical series. Here is her blog nomination. You should really check out her great blog!
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (ABOVE)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Ronel-ABOVE)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (ABOVE under LOGO)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
Wait, I have to limit it to three?! All right, I guess I’ll try.
- I am a Libra. Contrary to popular belief about that sign, I’m neither lazy nor indecisive. The toughest issue I have with being a Libra is always seeing both sides to a problem, and only that can make me somewhat cautious about the decision. For example, deciding on a restaurant is the absolute worst for a Libra, unless I know exactly what sounds good that day. LOL.
- I am a shopaholic, especially a bargain shopper. I am crazy about online shopping, but I don’t mind going out now and then to find something either. Credit cards are my weakness, so I have to be good as much as possible. Which is hard, because I’m one of those people who loves to buy for family and friends.
- As a writer, my go-to writing subscriptions are Live Write Thrive, Indies Unlimited and A Writer’s Path. But damnit, there’s just never enough time in the day to read everything. 😉
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5, while others say 20).
Well…okay. I’ll nominate:
- C.L. Bush (she has a great historical mystery series)
- Ashley Fontainne
- D.J. Swykert
- Margo Bond Collins
- Christopher Davis
- Rachael Stapleton (time travel mystery)
- Anyone that would like to join us, consider yourself nominated.
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Done.)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
1. Who is your favorite author and which book is your favorite?
2. If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. If you could meet anyone in real life (alive, dead or even a fictional character), who would you invite to hang with on a day out in the city?
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? And what would your superhero or supervillain name be? Get creative!
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
ANSWERING JUNETA’S 5 QUESTIONS:
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be? I’d choose to be a little more patient with myself. Putting the pressure on constantly has only harmed me in the long run.
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be? I think I’d prefer that we have less hate in the world. People are always talking about other haters, and it’s hard not to see the “hate” which is descending our world into chaos. Hate comes in all forms, and sometimes it even arrives in sheep’s clothing. However, true hate starts at home. So fix yourself first; evaluate and erase the hate in your own life. Be a more honest, kinder person, and then you can worry about trying to help others do the same.
- Describe your “true self” in three words. A little nutty, creative and open-minded.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be? I think maybe I’d choose Luke Skywalker. Sure, he had a long, hard journey, but he usually did the right thing for everyone, including himself. And seriously?!…damn those Ewoks for being so cute! I just want to adopt one and let him baby my cats.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Nah, I probably wouldn’t. I think it would ruin the surprise! 😉
Thanks again, Juneta, for the nomination! Everyone else, feel free to jump into this cool blog hop! 🙂
Check out a radio interview tonight at 8PM EST! 🙂
For our lovers of paranormal romance, you’ve gotta check this out…
Later today, I’ll be chatting with awesome author team and radio hosts of the Haunted Nights Live! show, Tamara Thorne and Alistair Cross. This radio show is quite popular, and the Thorne & Cross team has seen some very famous authors on there. Check out the list of past guests here.
Check us out at 8PM EST to get some sneak peeks of two books I have coming out later this year, a futuristic paranormal romance/urban fantasy, Blood Instincts, book two of the Blood at First Sight Series, and Awakening, a paranormal romantic thriller collection.
Plus, for those who have a fascination with the supernatural, we’ll be talking about that too. 😉
So stop by tonight! You can call in with questions or sit back and listen in. I’m not sure if the interview will…
View original post 69 more words
Tags: Authors, Blood At First Sight Series, Blood Instincts, Books, collection, coming soon, event, Fiction, futuristic, ghosts, Haunted Nights Live!, interview, metaphysical, mystery/thriller, novel, novellas, paranormal, paranormal romance, Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy, Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, radio, radio interview, readers, Romance, romantic thriller, shifters, supernatural, theme, thriller, Thriller/Suspense, vampires, vampires rule, witchcraft, witches, Writing
One of my stories is in this great anthology! 😉
I am pleased to announce a great book release by Solstice Publishing, my very own publisher!
This special romance collection, Cupid’s Arrow, officially released yesterday! Yay! That’s awesome! Congrats, everyone, on your new release!
When a new book comes out, it’s always an exciting time for an author!
Here’s a brief look at Cupid’s Arrow, just in time for that special romantic holiday tomorrow.
Valentine’s Day is filled with romance and special relationships. The sweetness of a couple coming together is perhaps the best part of this very special day. Will these couples share that very important first kiss?
This is the blurb for Cupid’s Arrow:
Will Millie be a victim of, hot, passionate, and fleeting war kisses?
Romance has no age barrier
The biggest mistake of Aly’s life could turn into the promise of new love…
Can love be rekindled after a lifetime?
View original post 384 more words
Tags: anthology, Archimede Fusillo, Authors, Blogging, book release, Books, Contemporary, contemporary romance, Cupid's Arrow Anthology, Debbie De Louise, E.B. Sullivan, early love, event, first kiss, Historical, Historical Romance, K.C. Sprayberry, Leah Hamrick, Lois Crockett, love, M.A. Cortez, Marie Lavender, new adult, readers, Relationships, Romance, romance books, romance readers, romantic comedy, romantic suspense, short stories, Solstice Publishing, stories, Summer Solstice, theme, thieves, When Jack Trumps Ace, Writing, youth to seniors
My first sci-fi romance, Blue Vision, has been nominated for the P&E Readers’ Poll.
This interplanetary romance novel needs your help! 🙂 The poll runs through January 14th.
Have a great rest of your holidays, everyone!
Tags: Authors, awards, Blue Vision, book, book lovers, Books, Code of Endhivar Series, Contemporary, event, Marie Lavender, news, P&E Readers' Poll, poll, readers, romance books, romance novel, romance readers, sci-fi, Sci-Fi Romance, science fiction, winter themed
A great new review for BLUE VISION on the Que Sara Sera blog!
Blue Vision Author: Marie Lavender Genre: Science Fiction, Romance Synopsis: Brooke Sanders just wants to get away from her life for a while. A remote cabin in Montana fits the bil…
Tags: Blue Vision, book review, book reviews, Code of Endhivar Series, event, interplanetary romance, Marie Lavender, new release, news, Que Sara Sera blog, readers, review, sci-fi, Sci-Fi Romance, science fiction
My interview on A.B. Funkhauser’s site! 🙂
She’s a multi-published award winning author with a new book, BLUE VISION, out November 15th. Add on to these accomplishments the hugely successful blog WRITING IN THE MODERN AGE, and her newly launched graphic design company AMBROSIA INNOVATIONS, and you have Marie Lavender.
Welcome back to the blog, Marie. You’ve won some awards since we last met. Tell us about the “Broken Heart” and the “I Love You.”
Those were two poetry awards, from contests which were in poetry groups on Facebook. I often peruse the awesome poetry in those discussion groups and when I saw the two contests, I thought, “Hell, why not enter my own?” This is the poem I entered for the ‘Broken Heart’ contest. And here is the one for the ‘I Love You’ contest. Believe it or not, the recognition I got from both was ‘Empress of the Universe’, quite apropos for my science fiction romance…
View original post 1,167 more words
Tags: Ambrosia Innovations, author interview, blog, Blue Vision, coming soon, event, graphic design company, Marie Lavender, multi-genre, news, Romance, romance novels, sci-fi, Sci-Fi Romance, science fiction, Writing, WritModAge