Ivy the cat from DIRECTIONS OF THE HEART visits this cool kitty blog!
Wow, Meow. I have another character cat of author Marie Lavender here with me today. What is your name, pretty cat?
My name is Ivy.
Very mice name for a cat character. What book(s) have you appeared in? Please list them and their genre.
I appeared in Directions of the Heart. This is a modern romantic drama collection.
Are you in a series? If so, please give information about it.
Ivy’s human co-star, Victoria.
I’m not in a book series, but you could say there is a series since there are four different tales in the collection. I am only in one of them, however. That tale is titled “Strange Heat.” The story is about my owner, Victoria, who goes on a bizarre adventure when she pretends to be someone else for a week. One of the other stories in the collection includes a Golden Retriever. Uggh…dogs!
View original post 1,124 more words
Tags: blog, cats, character, character interview, characterization, characters, collection, Directions of the Heart, drama, dramatic fiction, fun, interview, Marie Lavender, Romance, romance book, romantic drama
A new book released yesterday! Check it out! 🙂
I am pleased to announce a great book release by well, yours truly! My modern romantic drama collection, Directions of the Heart, officially released this week!
When a new book comes out, it’s always an exciting time for an author!
I am thrilled to show Directions of the Heart to readers today. ♥
This is the blurb for Directions of the Heart:
Embark on a remarkable journey of drama, romance, and passion…
In all of these amazing stories, there’s one burning question…is love worth the risk?
Reece and Jenna are two childhood friends separated by time and distance. Can they find a way to heal their bond, or perhaps forge a new one?
Spurred by her friend’s close call, Victoria decides to take a risk and prove the lifestyle she led was her downfall. But as Tory sinks deeper into the tumultuous…
View original post 673 more words
Tags: adult, author, Authors, book release, book spotlight, Books, Contemporary, contemporary romance, Directions of the Heart, drama, dramatic fiction, emotional, emotions, event, feature, Fiction, i love romance, Marie Lavender, modern, new adult, new adult romance, new book, new book release, new release, news, PTSD Awareness, readers, Romance, romance book, romance novels, romance readers, romantic drama, sensitive issues, stories, western, western romance, Writing
I talk about my reading preferences on the I Love Romance Blog…
Here’s a fun post for all. This is a Book Lovers Tag challenge. I came across this great tag over at D.G. Kaye Writer’s blog, where she invited anyone to join in. I thought it would be exciting to jump into the challenge, as besides being an author, I love reading romance novels (hence the blog’s namesake)! So, why not?
Do you have a specific place for reading?
Mostly, I read in bed, but now and then I cart one of my books to the living room or dining room and set up shop. And if I’m feeling really adventurous (this helps if we have pleasant weather, which is never a guarantee in Indiana), then I’ll sit outside on the patio and read to my heart’s content. 😉 Now and then, I actually read on the Kindle app on my tablet, but I’m more of a paperback/hardback kind of girl. The…
View original post 591 more words
So, I am bursting to give you this news! I just stumbled across this awesome five star review for Upon Your Love, a historical romance/family saga novel and book three of the Heiresses in Love Series.
This is what the reviewer said on Amazon:
“I always thought historical romances were boring, but I was wrong!!!, June 13, 2017
View original post 127 more words
Tags: Amazon, author news, book review, book reviews, event, family, Heiresses in Love Series, Historical, Historical Romance, Marie Lavender, maritime, news, review, reviewers, Reviews, saga, Upon Your Love, Victorian
Get a sneak peek of my future lighthearted romantic fantasy, Magick Sunrise, book three of the Magick Series, here!
Hello and welcome to Living the Dream. Today, I would like to highlight one of my favorite authors, Marie Lavender. One of the most difficult things for an author to do is write a series of books. The key is keeping the reader hooked from one book to another. J.K. Rowling mastered this with her Harry Potter books and I believe Marie is on her way to doing the same. Read on to learn more!
Blurb for Magick & Moonlight, book one of the Magick Series
Genre: Lighthearted Romantic Fantasy
Messing with free will is always a bad idea…
Ethan Hamilton moves to a lazy little town in Oregon, hoping to escape his demons. But, instead he discovers a woman dancing nude in the moonlight. This woman who claims she is a witch dazzles him with her sensual presence. He thinks she’s crazy, but what if she’s not?
View original post 2,597 more words
Tags: A Little Magick, children's books, children's fiction, fantasy, futuristic, kid lit, magic, magick, Magick & Moonlight, Magick Series, Magick Sunrise, Marie Lavender, news, romantic fantasy, series, sneak peek, Susanne Matthews' blog, trilogy, update, witchcraft, witches, wonder
A FUN BLOG HOP
I’d like to thank the awesome Juneta Key at the Writer’s Gambit blog, for this nomination! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Juneta! ♥ I do have a few mystery books out and some in progress, so I’ll play. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Juneta – such a talented lady – twice, for two books in my historical series. Here is her blog nomination. You should really check out her great blog!
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (ABOVE)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Ronel-ABOVE)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (ABOVE under LOGO)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
Wait, I have to limit it to three?! All right, I guess I’ll try.
- I am a Libra. Contrary to popular belief about that sign, I’m neither lazy nor indecisive. The toughest issue I have with being a Libra is always seeing both sides to a problem, and only that can make me somewhat cautious about the decision. For example, deciding on a restaurant is the absolute worst for a Libra, unless I know exactly what sounds good that day. LOL.
- I am a shopaholic, especially a bargain shopper. I am crazy about online shopping, but I don’t mind going out now and then to find something either. Credit cards are my weakness, so I have to be good as much as possible. Which is hard, because I’m one of those people who loves to buy for family and friends.
- As a writer, my go-to writing subscriptions are Live Write Thrive, Indies Unlimited and A Writer’s Path. But damnit, there’s just never enough time in the day to read everything. 😉
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5, while others say 20).
Well…okay. I’ll nominate:
- C.L. Bush (she has a great historical mystery series)
- Ashley Fontainne
- D.J. Swykert
- Margo Bond Collins
- Christopher Davis
- Rachael Stapleton (time travel mystery)
- Anyone that would like to join us, consider yourself nominated.
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Done.)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
1. Who is your favorite author and which book is your favorite?
2. If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. If you could meet anyone in real life (alive, dead or even a fictional character), who would you invite to hang with on a day out in the city?
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? And what would your superhero or supervillain name be? Get creative!
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
ANSWERING JUNETA’S 5 QUESTIONS:
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be? I’d choose to be a little more patient with myself. Putting the pressure on constantly has only harmed me in the long run.
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be? I think I’d prefer that we have less hate in the world. People are always talking about other haters, and it’s hard not to see the “hate” which is descending our world into chaos. Hate comes in all forms, and sometimes it even arrives in sheep’s clothing. However, true hate starts at home. So fix yourself first; evaluate and erase the hate in your own life. Be a more honest, kinder person, and then you can worry about trying to help others do the same.
- Describe your “true self” in three words. A little nutty, creative and open-minded.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be? I think maybe I’d choose Luke Skywalker. Sure, he had a long, hard journey, but he usually did the right thing for everyone, including himself. And seriously?!…damn those Ewoks for being so cute! I just want to adopt one and let him baby my cats.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Nah, I probably wouldn’t. I think it would ruin the surprise! 😉
Thanks again, Juneta, for the nomination! Everyone else, feel free to jump into this cool blog hop! 🙂
Thanks, Carol, for the mention! 🙂
Do you write under a pen name? And if so, why?
An article in Writer’s Relief lists reasons why writers choose to adopt pen names. It could be, as they point out, that another author “owns” your name. For example, it would be difficult for someone named Agatha Christie to write under her real name.
Or, as a high school teacher who writes erotica, you’d want to conceal your identity. I hope.
Or maybe, you write in a genre that has basically a male audience and you are a woman. Joanne Rowling used the initials J.K. (K after her grandmother Katherine) because she feared that boys would not want to read Harry Potter if it was written by (horror!) a girl. Similarly, Mary Ann Evans used a male name because she wanted to be taken seriously and wrote under the name of George Eliot. Of course, that was in…
View original post 122 more words
Welcome to the thirteenth day of the 2017 A to Z blog challenge. I’m later than usual this morning because I slept in and had family visiting yesterday–long story short, we had a great time yakking, laughing, and drinking lots of wine.
Today’s letter is M, and in keeping with my decision to introduce you to authors you may not have had a chance to meet before. Today’s author is Marie Lavender, and I’ll be showcasing her new books, The Magick Series
M is For Marie and Magick
Let Marie tell you about herself.
I have been writing for over twenty-five years. From the tender age of nine, I knew I wanted to be an author. I’ve spent most of my life trying to fulfill that dream. I began publishing in 2010, and was fortunate enough to be discovered by Solstice Publishing when they picked up and published my first historical romance novel, Upon…
View original post 500 more words
Tags: A Little Magick, A to Z Challenge, children's books, children's fiction, fantasy, featured, kids, magick, Magick & Moonlight, Magick Series, Marie Lavender, romantic fantasy, spotlight, Susanne Matthews' blog, witchcraft, witches
Check out a radio interview tonight at 8PM EST! 🙂
For our lovers of paranormal romance, you’ve gotta check this out…
Later today, I’ll be chatting with awesome author team and radio hosts of the Haunted Nights Live! show, Tamara Thorne and Alistair Cross. This radio show is quite popular, and the Thorne & Cross team has seen some very famous authors on there. Check out the list of past guests here.
Check us out at 8PM EST to get some sneak peeks of two books I have coming out later this year, a futuristic paranormal romance/urban fantasy, Blood Instincts, book two of the Blood at First Sight Series, and Awakening, a paranormal romantic thriller collection.
Plus, for those who have a fascination with the supernatural, we’ll be talking about that too. 😉
So stop by tonight! You can call in with questions or sit back and listen in. I’m not sure if the interview will…
View original post 69 more words
Tags: Authors, Blood At First Sight Series, Blood Instincts, Books, collection, coming soon, event, Fiction, futuristic, ghosts, Haunted Nights Live!, interview, metaphysical, mystery/thriller, novel, novellas, paranormal, paranormal romance, Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy, Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, radio, radio interview, readers, Romance, romantic thriller, shifters, supernatural, theme, thriller, Thriller/Suspense, vampires, vampires rule, witchcraft, witches, Writing
A spotlight on my latest release!
I have added some pics her of Marie Lavender’s cool new book titled Upon Your Love.
Sales links here; pick one up!
Amazon Universal link: https://bookgoodies.com/a/B06XBPVS7D
CreateSpace link: https://www.createspace.com/6969887