Author Interview – Marie Lavender
Posted by Marie Lavender
Here’s a new interview about my children’s fantasy book!
I’m really pleased to announce that today’s author interview is the fabulous Marie Lavender!
Marie is a multi-genre author, with 21 books, spanning romance to fantasy to children’s books. Marie is well known amongst writing circles for running a fantastically supportive blog, showcasing many of her fellow authors.
I hope you enjoy her interview where you can find out what Marie likes to read, why she writes and which of the many genres she writes in is her favourite!
Hi Marie, so what was your favorite children’s book growing up, and why?
Hmm…that’s hard to narrow down. I’ve always loved reading books. I guess it could’ve been a cross between The Bobbysey Twins series and The Boxcar Children book series.
What is your favorite children’s book to read to children, and why?
I don’t have children, per se, just fur babies! 😉 But I took a children’s literature class in…
View original post 1,417 more words
Posted in Blogging, Books, Children's Books, ebook, Event, Fantasy, Fiction, Interview, News, Readers, short stories, Updates, Writing
Tags: A Little Magick, author interview, blogs, book interview, children's books, children's fiction, childrens, fantasy, interview, Johnny Oddsocks blog, kid lit, Magick Series
Mystery Blogger Award Nomination!
Posted by Marie Lavender
_Okoto Enigma is the creator of this award.
A FUN BLOG HOP
I’d like to thank the awesome Juneta Key at the Writer’s Gambit blog, for this nomination! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Juneta! ♥ I do have a few mystery books out and some in progress, so I’ll play. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Juneta – such a talented lady – twice, for two books in my historical series. Here is her blog nomination. You should really check out her great blog!
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (ABOVE)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Ronel-ABOVE)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (ABOVE under LOGO)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
Wait, I have to limit it to three?! All right, I guess I’ll try.
- I am a Libra. Contrary to popular belief about that sign, I’m neither lazy nor indecisive. The toughest issue I have with being a Libra is always seeing both sides to a problem, and only that can make me somewhat cautious about the decision. For example, deciding on a restaurant is the absolute worst for a Libra, unless I know exactly what sounds good that day. LOL.
- I am a shopaholic, especially a bargain shopper. I am crazy about online shopping, but I don’t mind going out now and then to find something either. Credit cards are my weakness, so I have to be good as much as possible. Which is hard, because I’m one of those people who loves to buy for family and friends.
- As a writer, my go-to writing subscriptions are Live Write Thrive, Indies Unlimited and A Writer’s Path. But damnit, there’s just never enough time in the day to read everything. 😉
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5, while others say 20).
Well…okay. I’ll nominate:
- C.L. Bush (she has a great historical mystery series)
- Ashley Fontainne
- D.J. Swykert
- Margo Bond Collins
- Christopher Davis
- Rachael Stapleton (time travel mystery)
- Anyone that would like to join us, consider yourself nominated.
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Done.)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
1. Who is your favorite author and which book is your favorite?
2. If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. If you could meet anyone in real life (alive, dead or even a fictional character), who would you invite to hang with on a day out in the city?
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? And what would your superhero or supervillain name be? Get creative!
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
Outside the Lines or On Perseverance or The Other Side of Our Dreams. I have three other blogs, but my author website was chosen, so I had to choose these. They are about equal in views.
ANSWERING JUNETA’S 5 QUESTIONS:
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be? I’d choose to be a little more patient with myself. Putting the pressure on constantly has only harmed me in the long run.
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be? I think I’d prefer that we have less hate in the world. People are always talking about other haters, and it’s hard not to see the “hate” which is descending our world into chaos. Hate comes in all forms, and sometimes it even arrives in sheep’s clothing. However, true hate starts at home. So fix yourself first; evaluate and erase the hate in your own life. Be a more honest, kinder person, and then you can worry about trying to help others do the same.
- Describe your “true self” in three words. A little nutty, creative and open-minded.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be? I think maybe I’d choose Luke Skywalker. Sure, he had a long, hard journey, but he usually did the right thing for everyone, including himself. And seriously?!…damn those Ewoks for being so cute! I just want to adopt one and let him baby my cats.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Nah, I probably wouldn’t. I think it would ruin the surprise! 😉
Thanks again, Juneta, for the nomination! Everyone else, feel free to jump into this cool blog hop! 🙂
Posted in Authors, Blogging, Books, Event, Interview, mystery, News, Readers, Writing
Tags: Authors, blog hop, blog post, bloggers, Blogging, blogs, Books, discussion, event, Fiction, interview, Juneta Key, Marie Lavender, mystery, Mystery Blogger Award, nomination, questionnaire, Writing