Don’t miss our massive giveaway, filled with books of different formats, and various swag, over on my alternate blog, Writing in the Modern Age. All genres covered! 😉
Check out the festivities here. Hurry, and enter the Rafflecopter contests before it’s too late! ♥
Posted in Authors, Blogging, Books, Children's Books, Contemporary Romance, Event, Fantasy, Fiction, free offer, giveaway, Historical Romance, mystery, new adult, News, non-fiction, non-romance books, Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy, Poetry, Readers, Romance, Romance Novels, Romantic Suspense, Sci-Fi Romance, science fiction, thriller, Updates
Tags: action, adult, adventure, audiobooks, available now, big giveaway, blog post, book giveaway, Book Giveaways, books, chick lit, childrens, contests, crime fiction, darkness, dystopian, ebook, erotic romance, fantasy, free books, freebies, genres, giveaway, giveways, Historical, horror, humor, inspirational, lgbt, literary fiction, memoir, military, multicultural, multiple genres, mystery, new adult romance, noir, nonfiction, paperbacks, paranormal, poetry, psychology, Romance, romantic comedy, romantic suspense, sci-fi, Sci-Fi Romance, science fiction, self-help, sports, swag, thriller, western romance, Writing in the Modern Age, young adult
A FUN BLOG HOP
I’d like to thank the awesome Juneta Key at the Writer’s Gambit blog, for this nomination! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Juneta! ♥ I do have a few mystery books out and some in progress, so I’ll play. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Juneta – such a talented lady – twice, for two books in my historical series. Here is her blog nomination. You should really check out her great blog!
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (ABOVE)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Ronel-ABOVE)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (ABOVE under LOGO)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
Wait, I have to limit it to three?! All right, I guess I’ll try.
- I am a Libra. Contrary to popular belief about that sign, I’m neither lazy nor indecisive. The toughest issue I have with being a Libra is always seeing both sides to a problem, and only that can make me somewhat cautious about the decision. For example, deciding on a restaurant is the absolute worst for a Libra, unless I know exactly what sounds good that day. LOL.
- I am a shopaholic, especially a bargain shopper. I am crazy about online shopping, but I don’t mind going out now and then to find something either. Credit cards are my weakness, so I have to be good as much as possible. Which is hard, because I’m one of those people who loves to buy for family and friends.
- As a writer, my go-to writing subscriptions are Live Write Thrive, Indies Unlimited and A Writer’s Path. But damnit, there’s just never enough time in the day to read everything. 😉
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5, while others say 20).
Well…okay. I’ll nominate:
- C.L. Bush (she has a great historical mystery series)
- Ashley Fontainne
- D.J. Swykert
- Margo Bond Collins
- Christopher Davis
- Rachael Stapleton (time travel mystery)
- Anyone that would like to join us, consider yourself nominated.
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Done.)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
1. Who is your favorite author and which book is your favorite?
2. If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. If you could meet anyone in real life (alive, dead or even a fictional character), who would you invite to hang with on a day out in the city?
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? And what would your superhero or supervillain name be? Get creative!
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
ANSWERING JUNETA’S 5 QUESTIONS:
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be? I’d choose to be a little more patient with myself. Putting the pressure on constantly has only harmed me in the long run.
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be? I think I’d prefer that we have less hate in the world. People are always talking about other haters, and it’s hard not to see the “hate” which is descending our world into chaos. Hate comes in all forms, and sometimes it even arrives in sheep’s clothing. However, true hate starts at home. So fix yourself first; evaluate and erase the hate in your own life. Be a more honest, kinder person, and then you can worry about trying to help others do the same.
- Describe your “true self” in three words. A little nutty, creative and open-minded.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be? I think maybe I’d choose Luke Skywalker. Sure, he had a long, hard journey, but he usually did the right thing for everyone, including himself. And seriously?!…damn those Ewoks for being so cute! I just want to adopt one and let him baby my cats.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Nah, I probably wouldn’t. I think it would ruin the surprise! 😉
Thanks again, Juneta, for the nomination! Everyone else, feel free to jump into this cool blog hop! 🙂
Find out about my journey and writing process here on Michael Aronovitz’ blog!
My Note: Marie Lavender is a phenomenal writer of romance fiction. She is the consummate professional, and I am quite fortunate to have made her acquaintance. I find romance and horror to be strangely similar actually, first by way of structure. The hiding of things, whether for the purpose of seduction or suspense, plays similarly. Also, the biggest motivation for both genres is love, as romance stories tease with what you can’t have and horror tales toy with what you are terrified to lose.
So Marie, I am proud to have you visit The Author’s Graveyard, and I would ask that you pick a plot. Put up a marker. Etch something into the stone!
A Writer’s Journey and Process by Marie Lavender
Hi, readers! I met Michael when he stopped by my guest author blog, Writing in the Modern Age, for an interview early this month. I’d like to…
View original post 1,160 more words
Tags: A Misplaced Life, a writer's journey, anthology, Blood At First Sight Series, Books, contemporary romance, Express Café and Other Ramblings, Heiresses in Love Series, Historical Romance, journey, literary fiction, Magick & Moonlight, Magick Series, mystery, paranormal romance, poetry, publishing, readers, reading, romance books, romance novels, romantic fantasy, romantic suspense, Second Nature, Solstice Publishing, suspense, thriller, Upon Your Honor, Upon Your Return, urban fantasy, works in progress, Writing, writing process